How teaching strategy of the class help me in learning?
- Learning strategy – For the class, I learnt a lot from the readings before the class. I captured most of the ideas, concepts, and details from that way. However, during discussions in the class, I found out that I a missed a lot. Sometimes I overlooked concepts during the reading because I do not think that they were important. Sometimes I did not find the relations between concepts. The discussion helped me to collected the missed ideas. Then, I got all that I should.
- Teaching strategy – It is very nice to have multiple teaching strategy in the class. Different strategies make the class not boring. Some strategies helped me learn better than others in the same situation. The voting activity and the activity that I had to select the concept that match questions written by others really forced me to deeply analyzed concepts. They were good even I took a lot of time for them. And, of course, the presentation is the best for the Internet culture topic.
- Personally, I like social capital and social media in the workplace. The concept of social capital and online relationship surprised me. I’ve never though about those before even those concepts appeared in our daily life. For the social media in the workplace, it directly corresponds to my field of interest.
- The most important takeaway is the concept about research garden and my own flower. It clearly illustrated how people understand an area of research and how people think about their own research.
- Another one is the important of situation awareness in online collaboration. I did not think that people really considered it in software development, at least in my country. I feel like it would really help in online collaboration.